Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Behind closed doors...

People normally don't share what is behind their cabinet doors or pantry doors, because lets face it, it isn't pretty or interesting really. However, I am being gutsy and posting pics just because I am excited that I cleaned them out and they are all organized. Sunday, I cleaned out the spice cabinet. This pic is the before:

And here is the after:In the before pic the paper on the door lists all my spices and the expiration date. I am going to put the list back up but want to put it on pretty scrapbook paper instead.

The pictures below are of what I have on the top of my cabinets.

I had to share some detailed pictures of the glasses that are displayed. They were a wedding gift from my aunt and cousin from Germany. They are beautiful. The crystal that they have over there is so pretty.

Sunday, my hubby built me a pull out shelf for my bathroom cabinet. I hated having to dig in the back of the cabinet because it was a pain, now I can pull out the shelf and reach everything. I love it! Before:


After:

Yesterday, I was off work for the holiday. I used that time to shampoo the carpets (they look and smell great) and I also cleaned out the pantry. Here is a before pic:

After:

Valentine's Day was so much fun. My hubby surprised me with tickets to the Razorback vs Kentucky Wildcats basketball game. I know that doesn't sound romantic but I wanted to go so bad. I love when Kentucky plays the Hogs, I leave the game happy no matter who wins. I am a huge Hog fan. I have lived in Ar for most of my life. But I am also a Kentucky fan. I was born in Lexington, Ky and have a ton of family there. I had this shirt made that I wear to any Hog/Wildcat game that says Kentucky born, Arkansas raised. Saturday, my hubby didn't even get upset when I clapped for Kentucky (Kentucky won). They have an amazing player on the team, Jodi Meeks. He scored 48 points on Saturday!! Here is a pic of him shooting (and yes he made it).

That night I cooked a yummy dinner and the chocolate fondue was so good!

Weight Loss Update: Yesterday was weigh in. I lost two more pounds!!!! That is a total of 10 and put me at getting my first 10 pound reward. I went to Lowe's yesterday and got the handles for the cabinet doors for the laundry room and my hubby is going to put them on for me tonight. I will share pics soon. I think they will look great!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh Mel - You need to come to my house! I could stand some organizing in the kitchen. And the laundry room. And the bathrooms.

    And...

    What a great job :)

    Your crystal is beautiful - I love all the different colors. I think the blue one is my favorite.

    And a BIG congratulations on hitting 10 lbs!! I am so proud of you. :o) Can't wait to see the cabinet hardware.

    ReplyDelete