Monday, March 9, 2009

What a wonderful weekend...

I had an absolutely fabulous weekend!!! We took off Friday and went riding on our motorcycle. It was the most perfect day to ride. Warm enough to wear short sleeves but cool enough not to be sweating. We rode out to War Eagle Mill. It is an operating mill that has been there since the 1800's. It is also the location of the bi-annual craft show. There is one in May and then the huge one in October. This is a picture of the mill:
This is inside and is a pic of the actual working grinder:
Here is just a tiny sampling of what they grind and sell there. We bought some fish fry breading and some cherry butter.
Upstairs they have a gift shop. Look at these cute salt and pepper shakers that were in the gift shop:
Also, on the third story they have a restaurant.

Outside is very pretty. Here is the water wheel:
This bridge is 101 years old:
And here is a picture of the small waterfall there:
Saturday was nice also. We met up with a couple of other friends that have motorcycles and went on an 8 hour ride. We had a lot of fun and thankfully didn't get rained on.
Sunday I did a LOT of spring cleaning (well I guess it is actually pre-spring training). I washed all the curtains in the house and scrubbed the bathroom. We actually took the shower doors apart and I scrubbed them and scrubbed the shower where they were. We are going to caulk them. They never were caulked by the builder and water gets underneath and gets yucky all the time. I also put out Easter decor after church and I will share pics of that tomorrow.

Today is weigh in day. Drum roll please...I lost another two pounds for a total of 15 pounds. I got another star on my Weight Watchers Chart and if I lose two pounds this week I should be at my 10% goal!!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on WW! That's fantastic. :)

    It looks like you had a great time this weekend - I could sit and watch the waterfall for hours.

    I planted a tomato and bell pepper plant yesterday and did some work on the plants on my patio. It was so pretty outside, so I didn't want to go in and clean up.

    I'm crossing my fingers for you to get to 10%!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, congrats on the loss! 2 lbs in a week is really good.

    What a beautiful day and the Mill looks so relazing and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mel, thanks for stopping by! I think we probably live pretty close to each other. Eureka is about a 2 hr. drive for us. My hubby got a motorcycle last year, we drove up to Eureka last spring. We also went to Bikes Blues and Barbeque and I'm sure we'll be going this year too. We need to drive up to the War eagle mill, never been there. Looks like they have some yummy stuff! It was beautiful weather this weekend, Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl!!! Watch out, that 10% is coming!

    The mill sounds right up my alley. Thanks for posting all the pictures because it's neat to see new places :)

    ReplyDelete