Monday, March 16, 2009

A much needed break and weigh in...

There are times when I need a break even from things I love to do. This past week was one of those times. I took a break from my computer (I hadn't touched it until now since Tuesday) and I took a break from working out (I got back to working out on Saturday but hadn't in about a week and a half) those are both two things I enjoy but just needed a break. If I could have taken a break from work last week I would have done that too!!! I will be taking some mini breaks from work soon though.


This weekend was a sad one for us. My mother-in-law had to put her dog to sleep on Saturday morning. What a hard decision to have to make but she did what she felt best for Mena. So today I include a poem in memory of a beloved friend:
Goodbye With heavy hearts; and a tear in our eyes
after all these years; we must say goodbye
Please understand; we've done all we could
if there was anything we could do; you know we would
I'm sitting right here; gently rub your ears
while I talk to you softly; trying to hold back the tears
The memories you gave us; we'll never forget
especially the ones; of the day we all met
One last hug; and one last kiss
you have no idea; how much you'll be missed
To look into your eyes; this one last time
you tell me it's ok; you know it's your time
Close your eyes now; and go to sleep
we'll pray to the Lord; your soul he'll keep
Go in peace now; our good friend
we'll stay right here with you; until the end
Dream of that special day and time
when we'll meet at the Bridge; and all will be fine
We'll run and play; side by side
with a soft warm feeling; deep down inside
Your memory will live on; in each one of us
you'll always be number 1; to all of us
Have a safe journey; through the night
I promise when you awake; you'll be in God's light
So with heavy hearts; and tears in our eyes
just for now my friend; we say goodbye
~John Quealy


On a lighter note; I bought and hung up this sign in our laundry room. I was originally going to paint the room the green color of the lettering but I didn't buy the sign the first time I saw it hoping it would go on sale. When I went back it was gone and I couldn't find it for months. Then this week I went back to Hobby Lobby and there it was and it still matched!

Also, today is weigh in day. I lost one pound but not enough to hit my 10% goal, BOO! But hey a loss is a loss and I am happy with that.

My fantastic hubby is working on a project for me that I hope to post later in the week. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your mother-in-law. The poem is beautiful - I can't imagine losing one of my three fur-faced babies.

    Congrats on one more pound gone - you're getting closer and closer!

    Come help me with my laundry room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I need a break too!

    I love that little sign. Isn't HobLob great!

    ReplyDelete